A van carrying medical waste caught fire around 10:25 pm at 1005 S. Main St. in Kernersville, NC on Wednesday, December 03, 2008. The driver of the van was unable to be located, but a passenger of the van was still on scene when emergency crews arrived. The fire occurred at the CITGO gas station, which had to be shut down for about an hour. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the flames that had quickly engulfed the entire vehicle.
Firefighters examine the smoking wreckage before them that was once a van used for transportation of medical waist at a CITGO gas station located at 1005 S. Main St. in Kernersville, NC on Wednesday, December 2, 2008. The van had been transporting medical waste when it caught on fire.